This is showing an example of 'Rotting timbers'. In the following pictures below we show the full stripping and replacing of old and new timbers, along with the rest of the installation. We hope you find this easy to follow!
1. Erection of scaffolding, arrival of skip and stripping of all tiles, laths, felts and lead work.
2. Strip of all the existing lath. Check over the rafters to make sure there are no damaged or rotting timbers.
4. Install premium tantalised lath fixed by the thicker 2.65mm galvanised nails, this will insure extra support to roof. These will be cross bonded to give the roof extra support.
3.Insure that all nails are removed from joists to prevent tearing of the membrane.Install a heavy duty, high tear resistant, waterproof BBA approved breathable membrane .
5. Install the fibre glass internal valley. This will help support the membrane and will not degrade over time.
6. Install secret bonding gutter under next doors tiles and your roofline edge then secure to tanalised laths. We have used the string line method to get a perfectly straight installation.
7. Using a 'Tile Bumpa' Carefully load all Tiles - in this case Smooth Marley modern pan tile - up to to the scaffolding.
11. Install a 9 inch damp proof coursing to the top of the fibre glass valley. This will help support the membrane and will not degrade over time.
12. Install Slate tiles to the edge of the Valley, ready to be cut in.
Installation is now complete and ready for a customers approval.
This page is showing a standard INSTALLATION OF A TILED ROOF. the installation is fitted by the roofbusters team.
9. Lay a Smooth Marley modern pan tile to the secret bonding gutter.
10. The secret bonding gutter joins both yours and the nieghbours roofs and creates a water-tight seal and a perfect roof edge.
8. Place First rows of tiles on to roof ready to be laid.
for a free no obligation quote call 0800 690 6106 today!
15. This is showing the valley and tile seem once it has been cut in.
16. Install new code 4 lead to chimney, sealed in with a lead mate sealant.
17. Install the maintenance free dry system to ridges and hips.
18. This is again showing the ridges with the Dry system installed underneath them.
19. Now it is complete we ask the customer to come and do an inspection to make sure they are fully satisfied before payment. Clean down site, saffolding and skip is then collected.
TILED ROOFING: stage by stage