1. Once the skip has arrived we assess the roof and the start the installation.
2. Strip off all old deck - in this case a cement corrigated roof - down to roof timbers.
3. After installing new front and back wall plates, install 5x2 treated timers with 150mm anti rust screws.
4. Fix a new 18mm OSB ply decking, always putting un-cut edges to each other. Install 9 screws to each full 8x4ft ply board.
6. Once the deck has been laid, check throughout that it is fully fixed and that the screws are flush with the deck.
5. Trim the roof joists back to roof edge.
7. Before bringing the rubber up make sure the deck is thoroughly swept of all mess.
8. When the single sheet of firestone ruber has been brought up and cut into place, roll the rubber back half way, sweep again, then start the apply the firestone waterbased glue.
9. When the firestone rubber is fully adheared to the roof, leave this to set before progessing with the finishing off of the roof.
13. Install down pipe and water drainage system.
Then install a lath to the perimeter edge. The firestone then over laps this which means water cannot fall down the edges of the roof.
14. Install male and female gutter trims to allow the water to fall correctly into the guttering beneath.
15. Tidy up all roof edges and attach wires back to the walls.
16. Clean off roof and leave site tidy and mess free. Once you have confirmed you are happy with your installation we will arrange for the skip to be collected.
Installation is now complete and ready for a customer inspection.
This page is showing a standard firestone rubber roof installation.
11. We have hand crafted an 18mm ply box section and covered it with 9mm hollow soffit and a 18mm fascia lid.
12. This hides the soil pipe which was an eye sore.
10. Install an 18mm ply board up the walls and feed the firestone into place, next insert the 70x40 aluminium wall trim in the cut out chase and seal up using a high grade fix all sealant.
for a free no obligation quote call 0800 690 6106 today!
firestone roof: stage by stage